Decorations for a Baby Shower
The decorations can revolve around the theme of the party. Some decorations can server double-duty like a centerpiece being the prize for a game, or the table decorations of bottles stuffed with jelly beans being a gift for the parents to be. See the theme sections for more decorating ideas.
- UseВ baby food jars to hold votive candles.
- For a fun centerpiece fill a baby tub with small blue, white or pearlescent balloons, so they look like bubbles. Add bath toys as the finishing touch.
- Use cloth diapers to make a wreath. Purchase a wire wreath frame grab the diapers in the middle and pull or poke through until the edges are gathered in a frill. Fill in the whole frame with different colored cloth diapers. Add a big bow. The new parents can take this home and will have plenty of cloth diapers on hand for burp cloths or a head start on diapers if they plan to use cloth.
- Use Christmas twinkle lights to around the food and gift tables to add a beautiful sparkle inexpensively. You can dress these lights up in all sorts of ways, wrap them in a swag of tulle or silk ivy, or take silk flowers off the stems and poke the light through the stem so the light becomes the center of the flower or use pretty small cups with a baby theme and cut a small x in the bottom and poke the light through so the cup becomes a lampshade. As a precaution you would never want to leave lights unattended.
- How about a clothes line of baby socks and booties as a decorative swag.
- For a unique fun tablecloths, purchase inexpensive white or natural color fabric, inexpensive acrylic paint and textile medium. Sew, serge, or pink the edges to keep from raveling. Or use the no-sew tapes. Using a hand or footprint stamp, stamp the fabric for a custom tablecloth. If you have a handy toddler have them can have a blast “stamping” the fabric themselves. This would also work with a banquet paper table cloth.
- Use baby bottles as vases for flowers. Weight them down with pretty acrylic stones in the right color.
- Fill baby bottles with jelly beans for a festive colorful look. Tie a bunch of balloons to them and you have a cute centerpiece for each table.
- Use a gift bag with the appropriate theme as a holder for silk flowers for a centerpiece.
- Make big lollipops for yard decorations or a directions signs to help people find the shower.
Decorations for a baby shower that you can use include confetti. Pink confetti could be personalized to say “It’s a girl”. Or you could use blue confetti to say “It’s a boy”. If you don’t know if it will be a boy or a girl. You could personalize it with “It’s a boy” and “It’s a girl”.
Different decorations for a baby shower would include baby shower banners. You could create banners from your computer. Or, you could use poster board to make banners. Then again, ready made banners could be purchased at a Party supply store. It would be a good idea to stay with the theme you picked out.
Another decoration for a baby shower you could use would be baby clip art. Many different websites offer free baby shower clip art. Clip art is also available for purchase at a wide variety of online merchants.
Decorations for a Baby Shower also available include streamers. Streamers are a good item to add some color to your baby shower. They can be criss-crossed above the room. If outside you could run them between the trees. Use both blue and pink colors, unless of course you already if it’s a boy or girl. It all depends on where you will hold the shower as to how you decorate with them. Just use your imagination to come up with other ideas for streamers.
Name tags should be given to each of the guests. Especially if you have guests who don’t know each other. They can be handmade or printed from your computer. Just make sure the labels are the kind used for name tags. The glue used in some types of labels will not adhere to clothes for any length of time. Name tags can also be purchased ready made.
Flowers can be used for Decorations for a Baby Shower as centerpieces, or place them around the area being used as needed. You can make them yourself using silk or plastic flowers. Potted plants could also be used. The pot could be painted, or put a decorative wrapping around the pot. Then have a bow that would be wrapped around the pot for the final touch. Fresh flowers can be used, in season flowers being the most economical. They could be placed in a crystal vase, decorative boxes, ceramic pot or in wicker baskets.
Candles are frequently used for an added touch. Candles can be used for any type of party, but especially for a formal setting. You could use all different kinds of candles including single candles surrounded by flowers, votive candles, or floating candles.
Balloons filled with helium would liven up any baby shower. They can be weighted down and placed around the room, on the front doorknobs, or outdoors. You could tie them to the guests chairs, or to the centerpiece. Just make sure that they are placed so that the guests can still see each other. You don’t want to block anyone’s view.
Toy wooden alphabet blocks could be used in a variety of ways. One would be to use them at the table by putting blocks with the name of the guest at each tablemat.
Travel posters could be used that fit the theme of the party. Just place them about the room or setting. The posters would add a unique touch to the babyshower.
You could provide decorations such as a corsage for the mother-to-be and the grandmothers. You can purchase them from a local florist if you want fresh flowers. Or you could create them out of various craft items. They should also fit the theme of the party. Another type of decoration that you could have would be a boutonniere of a flower or bouquet for the father if he is invited.
Decorations include place cards for the table settings. These could be made out of construction paper with the guests name on each one. Cookies, refrigerator magnets, bibs, teething biscuits, folded cloth diapers, or plain white cards are different types of decorations you could use for place cards. You could add the names of the guests to these, whichever type card you choose to use.
Incoming search terms:
- DECORATING A VOLTIVE FOR BABY SHOWER
- how to make baby shower decorations